A Letter to Our Community:
Coming together at our annual conference has been an important part of NAISMA since the organization began 27 years ago.
However, due to the increasingly uncertain situation that COVID-19 has caused and our desire to keep everyone safe and healthy, we have decided to cancel the in-person Annual Conference this fall and proceed with a virtual conference. We will hold the in-person conference in Montana in 2021. Exact dates and location will be announced soon.
NAISMA’s Annual General Meeting will also be held virtually. Details on how to register and other conference details will be announced soon.
The COVID-19 situation is showing us that human creativity and technology knows no bounds. We are confident that we create a rich professional development experience virtually, social networking opportunities, and long-lasting connections through this year’s new conference format.
We will keep you informed as details come together. We’re going to come out of this eager to connect in person in 2021 and celebrate everything we value as a community.
We hope to see you virtually this fall.
As many of us will have added family and community responsibilities over the next 2-4 weeks or more, we thank you for your patience as we meet the needs of NAISMA members, our families, and our communities.
NAISMA resources for the professional invasive species management community provide an opportunity to continue to network and learn from home including our monthly webinar series, all recorded past webinars for members (unlocked through the month of April—see 20+ hours of invasive species webinars here during Earth Month), Online ISM Courses, News, NISAW outreach resources, PlayCleanGo digital and customizable graphics and more.
- (Updated 4/10/2020) We have decided to cancel the in-person Annual Conference. The conference and the annual meeting will be held virtually. See above for more. The Call for Abstracts remains open. An extended deadline will be announced soon.
- All past, recorded NAISMA webinars will be available to the public through April. We want everyone to learn something new during this challenging time where other work tasks may have to wait until normal life resumes.
- We have added a special April “Earth Month” webinar series. Join us every Wednesday from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Central Time during the month of April for a special webinar series to support your professional development.
- PlayCleanGo product shipping may experience a 2 week delay until April 1. A 1 week delay in product shipments may occur from April 2-April 15. We will re-evaluate how often staff should come in to the office by April 15 and will do our best to shorten the lag time for orders.
- The NISAW Congressional Briefing has been postponed indefinitely. We will re-evaluate whether the NISAW part II week in May or early summer are realistic times to reschedule this legislative briefing event.