Each year, NAISMA hosts an annual conference connecting terrestrial and aquatic invasive species management, research, policy, and outreach initiatives and opportunities across North America.
The NAISMA Board of Directors, Staff, and Planning Committee are excited for this year’s opportunity to bring our high quality agenda, professional development, and networking opportunities to invasive species managers in North America and beyond.
This year’s conference is a great deal for anyone who does invasive species management, research, policy, or outreach and education who are looking for an affordable professional development opportunity. Become a member for registration discounts.
CEC/CEU credits will be applied for CCA, ISA, SAF, SER, and some states’ Pesticide Applicator Credits.
The only invasive species management conference to…
Bridge geographic divides
between West and East, North and South, land and water
Connect science to action
through research, policy, and outreach initiatives and opportunities across North America
Our 2021 Conference will feature topics with national, and international reach and impact; case studies of regional partnerships; and technical updates.
What to Expect
Unparalleled breadth. Expert insight. Inspiring content that bridges all corners of North America, all disciplines, and all taxa within invasive species management.
Virtual sessions will include interactive Q&A and panel discussions; connect with attendees and speakers directly on the Conference Mobile App social networking area before, during, and after the conference.
Three 3 days of in-person conference content include:
- Three (3) Keynote Sessions with International and National Leaders and Experts
- 18+ In-person, 90 minute sessions (some presentations may be remotely broadcast)
- Special workshop opportunities during event and on 4th day
- Field Trips (additional cost required)
- All-access pass to exhibit hall
- Complimentary tote bag with take-home gift
- Printed program and badge
- All-access to virtual sessions and exhibits
- CECs for all sessions when feasible
- Social networking opportunities
- Breakfast and break refreshments every day
- Lunch on 2 days
- Welcome reception (complimentary hors d’oeuvres and cash bar)
- Optional Awards Banquet Dinner add-on (Silent Auction?)
Early Bird (Before or on July 31)
- $299 Non-NAISMA members
- $269 Members | Join NAISMA here
- $125 Students
Late Registration (After July 31)
- $379 Non-NAISMA members
- $340 Members | Join NAISMA here
- $150 Students
- Field Trips: $45
- Awards Banquet Dinner $65
A preliminary agenda will be released in May 2021.
Diversity and Equity Scholarships
NAISMA supports a culture of inclusion through all of our programs, communications, and work to support invasive species managers who work to improve biodiversity every day.
We aim to connect NAISMA’s work and support for invasive species managers alongside civil rights moving forward. Past environment and conservation leaders have not always created equitable opportunities for people who are Black, Indigenous, or Persons of Color (BIPOC). Addressing the challenges of invasive species now and in the future will require multidisciplinary and multicultural collaboration to the fullest extent possible.
To that end, NAISMA created the Annual Conference Diversity and Equity Scholarship to foster a more inclusive exchange of ideas among invasive species managers, outreach professionals, researchers and other professionals who work with invasive species.
The Scholarship Provides:
- the registration fee for the NAISMA Annual Conference
- a complimentary 1-year membership to NAISMA
- nominate self-identifying BIPOC individuals who work with invasive species
- self-nomination is accepted
- in 2021, we are not asking recipients to give a presentation
- applicants do not have to be current NAISMA members
- applicants may be invited to discuss how NAISMA can support more diversity and inclusion in invasive species management
Call for Abstracts
The 2021 North American Invasive Species Management Association Conference’s theme is Transboundary Cooperation.
Abstracts for 2021 are due by Friday, April 30th at 11:59 p.m. CST.
Exhibitor & Sponsor Opportunities
The 2021 NAISMA Annual Conference is the organization’s 28th Annual Conference and will be co-hosted with the Montana Invasive Species Council.
The 2021 Conference will be a hybrid in-person and virtual conference. Both in-person and virtual platforms will provide exhibitor and sponsor networking including 1 on 1 meetings, and sponsor recognition opportunities. Thanks to our hybrid approach we expect nearly 500 attendees from a range of backgrounds in invasive species management from across the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and beyond.
All in-person attendees will have access to all virtual content.
As the most-comprehensive, all-taxa, international invasive species conference in North America, this year’s conference sessions will highlight transboundary cooperation.
The program includes various opportunities to connect with the invasive species management community, including concurrent sessions, an exhibit fair, field trips and a silent auction.
For more information, please email Belle Bergner at .
Frequently Asked Questions
NAISMA hosts the only conference to bridge geographic divides in invasive species management
Attending a NAISMA conference is your opportunity to network with leaders in the invasive species field
- No, anyone can register and attend the annual conference. NAISMA members receive 10% off the annual conference registration fee (25% for the virtual conference in 2020).
Yes, the conference travels.
- All invasive species management concerns are considered during the development of each conference agenda. The focus or theme each year shifts depending on the strengths, uniqueness, and new invasive species concerns are present in the region that the conference is held.
- Click here to see a sample of the 2019 conference agenda.
We encourage organizations and agencies to click this link to join NAISMA as a partner organization, which provides discounts for multiple staff plus additional benefits to your organization. Once enrolled, you will assign individual staff as NAISMA members within your partner organization so that they receive a discount link through our Members’ Area.
Special Virtual Conference FAQ
- A plenary presentation followed by live Q&A with the keynote speaker.
- Four (4) concurrent, live sessions in the morning and four (4) in the afternoon.
- Q & A during all sessions.
- Video networking breaks at least twice a day.
- Text-based messaging directly with attendees and speakers throughout the conference.
- Exhibits to learn more about invasive species management products and services.
- An Activity Stream on the virtual conference “town hall” where attendees can post their reactions to presentations, new ideas generated, and questions for other attendees.
- A moderator will facilitate a Q&A in every session.
- Live networking breaks between sessions
- Poster presentations will be live sessions with poster presenters
- Attendees will also be able to communicate through private messages to other attendees and speakers.
Click on the Community or Speaker icons to message attendees or speakers directly, right in the conference platform. They’ll see your message right away and you can start chatting 1 on 1 just as if you were in a session room together!
Centrally located park-side along the Clark Fork River – just steps from vibrant shopping, nightlife, and entertainment. With the best location and superior conference service support, groups and guests are guaranteed a distinctive Missoula experience.
- Click on the link below, and change the dates of arrival to 9/26/21.
- NAISMA 2021 General Booking Link
- For phone reservations, our Front Desk is available 24/7 at 406-721-8550. Please reference group code: NA1
- Click on the link below, and change the dates of arrival to 9/26/21.
- NAISMA 2021 Government Booking Link
- For phone reservations, our Front Desk is available 24/7 at 406-721-8550. Please reference group code: NA2
Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown offers a free shuttle from the Missoula (MSO) airport. Call in advance to the hotel to arrange your airport pick up when you have made your flight arrangements.