Current job postings for invasive species management professionals from organizations and agencies outside of NAISMA. NAISMA updates this list monthly.
North American Invasive Species Management Association
The North American Invasive Species Management Association (NAISMA), in its 28th year, seeks a Development Director to take the organization to the next level of sustainable funding to support its mission: to support, promote, and empower invasive species prevention and management in North America. NAISMA has a welcoming, supportive, and collaborative culture that supports diverse ideas, perspectives, and encourages inclusiveness. Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Director will spearhead development efforts as NAISMA continues to grow. As a new position in the organization, the Development Director will have the opportunity to build the development function. The Development Director will be responsible for diversifying NAISMA’s funding base with more individual members, donors, partner organizations, and sponsors; and research and secure private foundation and corporate grants. Continued funding for this position will be dependent on the successful candidate’s ability to raise new funds to meet fundraising goals and support their position.
This is a full-time position with flexibility in working hours and can be largely completed remotely. This can be an employee or contractor-based position depending on the successful candidate’s demonstrated fundraising success and preferred time commitment. A 3- and 6-month review will be conducted to assess fundraising performance and fit with the organization. The expectation is that the successful candidate will achieve fundraising goals so that enough funds are raised to support the continuation of the position beyond the first year.
- Develop and execute all aspects of NAISMA’s fundraising programs
- Develop and execute NAISMA’s annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations
- Manage the implementation of a development tracking system and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Oversee the organization of special events
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Create reports post-event to analyze data and determine the marketing effectiveness for the fundraising program
- Work collaboratively with all programs to plan milestones and requirements of all teams within the organization regarding fundraising activities
- Work with the marketing department to create print and digital marketing materials related to fundraising
- Deliver presentations about the organization to virtual and in-person meetings as needed
- 5-7 years of fundraising experience
- Five-plus years experience in development
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Experience managing and tracking donor contributions
- Demonstrated positive outcomes in fundraising
The salary range for this position is $60,000 – $68,000 with the possibility of a bonus compensation structure.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send their resumes, a cover letter and 2-3 references in one (1) single pdf in an email with subject line “Development Director Position Application” to Belle Bergner, Executive Director, by COB May 14, 2021.
NAISMA is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, disability, or sexual orientation.
Website and Learning Management System Administrator
North American Invasive Species Management Association
The North American Invasive Species Management Association (NAISMA), a non-profit 501(c)3 organization in its 28th year, seeks a Website and Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator to oversee our LMS; build out a new LMS on MemberClicks, an Association Management System; and oversee the security, functionality and content editing of three WordPress websites with WooCommerce integrations: naisma.org, nisaw.org, and playcleango.org. The LMS management will support our existing Certified Weed Free Products Program and Certified Manager of Invasive Species courses in a Moodle system hosted by Remote Learner. New course content will be developed in the MemberClicks LMS. The successful candidate will work with our teams to ensure that all LMS and website functions run smoothly and are secure, student and team needs are met in a timely manner, and that NAISMA Program Directors and Managers are supported with data management and user-functionality support. This is a part-time position based out of our Milwaukee, WI office that can be completed 100% remotely from any location in the U.S. with a flexible telecommuting schedule. Quick response time during normal business hours will be critical, with all service requests responded to and completed within 1 business day.
Our Association consists of a network of professional members in all fifty states, as well as in Canada and Mexico who implement management programs to prevent the detrimental impacts of invasive species to North America’s lands and waters. NAISMA’s mission is to support, promote, and empower invasive species prevention and management in North America. We accomplish our mission by providing programs, resources, and networking opportunities that bridge jurisdictional and geographic divides.
- Collaborate with teams to discuss, analyze, or resolve usability issues.
- Test new software packages for use in web operations or other applications.
- Set up or maintain monitoring tools on web servers or websites.
- Test performance, security, backup or recovery plans regularly and resolve any problems.
- Recommend website improvements, and develop budgets to support recommendations.
- Implement updates, upgrades, and patches in a timely manner.
- Provide training or technical assistance in web site implementation or use.
- Perform user testing or usage analyses to determine websites’ effectiveness or usability.
- Correct testing-identified problems, or recommend actions for their resolution.
- Gather, analyze, or document user feedback to locate or resolve sources of problems.
- Develop website performance metrics including Google analytics and marketing goals
- Determine sources of web page or server problems, and take action to correct such problems.
- Work with teams to review or update web page content or links in a timely manner.
- Monitor web site security measures, such as firewalls and report to appropriate personnel.
- Lead the development and administration of the Remote Learner (Moodle-based) learning management system (LMS);
- Set up new LMS in MemberClicks Association Management System;
- Upload new and updated course content as needed;
- Provide course design recommendations to the team;
- Facilitate testing of course updates, new courses, and bug fixes with Program Manager and teams.
- Manage LMS functions including monitoring course content, course approvals, and evaluation;
- Create/publish/archive online/instructor-led courses, add/deletes resources, monitor accounts, reset passwords, and maintain system parameters;
- Administer LMS user accounts; sets and maintains security roles and access levels;
- Provide system maintenance which includes upgrades and updates, configuration, troubleshooting, debugging, and user access testing;
- Maintain data integrity rules and processes for the LMS, such as course descriptions, course or class changes, and instructors;
- Investigate and resolve any data or system inconsistencies or discrepancies;
- Lead the establishment, documentation, and enforcement of registration, scheduling, and cancellation policies and procedures;
- Maintain all LMS instructor course materials and provide support related to document control system requirements;
- Ensure connection and automation between website, AMS, and LMS systems.
- Process course updates and monitor user access for monthly usage reporting;
- Provide ongoing technical support to the learning management system;
- Provide training and technical support to users and team members;
- Prepare written reports, training materials, and standard operating procedures when needed;
- Identify and communicate opportunities for process and quality improvements, as well as provide feedback on real-world usage, defects, and suggested enhancements;
- Seek opportunities to increase internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in IT, eLearning, or related field;
- 2-4 years experience in LMS;
- Proficiency in WordPress and Elementor website builder
- Experience with instructional design
- Experience working with LMS and Website media, including H5P
- Experience with HTML, CSS, PHP
- Familiarity with WooCommerce
This is a part-time, non-exempt position with an hourly rate of $26 – $33 depending on the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications. A contractor position with a higher hourly rate and the responsibility of tax-payment and reporting on the contractor may be offered if the successful candidate prefers.
To Apply: Interested candidates, please email a single pdf file with a cover letter; resume or CV; portfolio of websites that the applicant has managed; and 2-3 references to Belle Bergner, Executive Director, with subject: “NAISMA Website and LMS Administrator” by COB Wednesday, May 12, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis and the position will be filled as soon as possible.
NAISMA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Accounting and Program Assistant
North American Invasive Species Management Association
The North American Invasive Species Management Association (NAISMA) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to support, promote, and empower invasive species prevention and management in North America. NAISMA announces an employment opportunity for an Accounting and Program Assistant to provide critical team support to our growing organization. NAISMA seeks an energetic, proactive person who will provide support through general bookkeeping, grant accounting, and program assistance including database entry, mailings, processing store orders, scheduling, and other tasks as needed. The successful candidate will have experience in Quickbooks and Google sheets, online project management tools, work independently with little supervision, have good communication in a virtual environment, and will be excited to facilitate the organization’s growth and support our mission.
The successful candidate must be well organized, adaptable, have good communication skills and customer service, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and manage deadlines. This is a part-time position (minimum 17.5 hours / week) with a flexible schedule. Some work will be required to be completed in our downtown Milwaukee office at least 3 days a week. Our office follows CDC recommendations for COVID-19 safety. The ability to telecommute for a portion of the hours is an option. This position has the potential to grow to include additional hours if the organization achieves fundraising goals and the successful candidate has excellent performance.
- Provide support to the Accountant and Executive Director.
- Match credit card streaming services in QuickBooks, update ledger, and resolve discrepancies
- Organize bills for payment and issue checks.
- Prepare grant claim forms and other administrative forms.
- Create and send invoices through QuickBooks.
- Keep physical and digital office files organized.
- Research information and assist Program Managers, as needed.
- Enter data for programs.
- Track and process store orders and program mailings.
- Answer communications with clients and vendors via phone and email.
- Create and monitor completion of tasks and communicate with team members in our project management software, Basecamp.
- Monitor and maintain office supplies and inventory. Create orders for approval when needed.
- Accounting experience.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles, grant tracking, non-profit accounting processes, procedures and requirements, and Quickbooks.
- Nonprofit, administrative or other relevant experience.
- Familiarity with Google docs, sheets, and file sharing.
- Experience with Basecamp or another project management tool.
- Experience with WooCommerce or related eCommerce platform.
- Experience working with a CRM, AMS or related database.
- Excellent time management skills and verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional manner and a strong ethical code.
- Ability to multitask and remain motivated and positive.
- Commitment to working efficiently and accurately.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Associates degree or higher in accounting, business, or a related field or equivalent experience and at least 3 years of experience in accounting, office, and/ or program support.
- Experience with an environmental organization, invasive species, or a related field is a plus
NAISMA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Compensation: $16.00 – $20.00 per hour depending on qualifications and experience with a limited flex benefit plan will be offered.
To Apply: Interested candidates should email a single pdf file with a cover letter and resume or CV with 2-3 references to: with subject: “NAISMA Accounting and Program Assistant” by COB Friday, May 7th. Qualified applicants will be interviewed immediately.
List your Employment Opportunity Here
If you have a temporary, seasonal, or permanent job opening, submit your opportunity for listing here. Note: listing a position a benefit of NAISMA partnership. If you are not an active partner, please click here to check out all the benefits extended to partners and become one today.